Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sloppy Dans

Is it traitorous to post a friend's top secret recipe online even if it is a place that no one else online looks except you?

Just wondering. This recipe belongs to J.B. who recently departed us for Idaho and bequeathed me this lovely gift. It comes to her by way of Dan himself, a dear friend of J.B. and original maker of Sloppy Dans. I have multiple times been the glad consumer of these delicious take on sloppy joes and will be, again, when we reunite. J.B., don't hate me if you find this. I only post it out of great love, because if I post it here, I will use it forever.

Ingredients:

1-1.5 lbs. ground beef, browned
1 can tomato sauce
1-1.5 C. ketchup
1/2 - 3/4 C. mustard
1/2 - 1 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
Variety of hot sauces (3-4 different kinds including Tabasco)

Directions:

1. Combine browned beef and sauce ingredients. Simmer 45 min - 1 hour.

2. Smother over rolls and serve!


No comments: